Monday, July 16, 2012

People Are Stupid

You may have noticed the title of this post: "People are Stupid." My prime example and the driving force behind this sentiment is a person that I, and only I, call "me." (Others may say "Alyson," "Al," "her," or "you" [depending on who they are talking to])
  • My blog is called Alyson of L.A., yet there is a picture of San Francisco as the header.
  • This is the blog that I linked to my anonymous twitter account. I mean, Alyson of L.A.? Could I have gotten any more specific? One could easily figure out which Alyson is writing here to you right now, and by backward investigation, uncover the identity of the mysterious (and offensive) enigma, @grumpybartender) There can't be more than 10,000 Alysons in the city. All it would take is a little dedication and a sprinkle of obsession, and poof: I'm found out.
  • Final act of stupidity: My remedies for the stupid acts fore-declared are stupid, which calls for another remedy, sending me endlessly spiraling into infinite stup (pronounced stoop).
I solved the San Francisco header problem by moving to San Francisco, so, while accurate as an autobiographical illustration (in the, less commonly used, dipictionary sense of the word), it still leaves the Title/Picture contradiction perfectly intact, and adds yet another unresolved spiral to this very entry.

My corrective measure for the explosive divulgence of my no-longer-secret character on twitter was to come clean to my followers about my true self, right here and now, which is information I regret confessing before I confess it (a mere twist, or another full circle?), as I realize the non-stupid thing to do would be to unlink the unknown and the known selves. This lack of privacy exposes me for the blasphemy against the employer that gives me my only muse about which to tweet, and will inevitably terminate all access (and employment) to subject matter worth writing, and in turn destroying the once-concealed personality and myself all at once (because it is the same person).

I, being a singular (well, double in this case) representative of people, having destroyed my own selves in a backwards, circular, absurd, and unnecessary manner, am true proof that people are stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment